Sunday, April 5, 2020

Some recent Home Organization

I'm so happy that I got to check off some things off my to-do list this past week/Spring Break.  Yay!

First off, the master bedroom.  Not looking very "master" with all this mess! It's amazing how you just sort of "live with the mess" after a while:
Finally cleared out clothes from this big blue suitcase.  More clothes from the Phoenix house. Geez! Where am I going to put all those clothes??!
Oh wait, how did this photo get in here??? :-P
Okay, so the goal is to switch the dressers.  Bobby would use the smaller one and I would use the bigger one.  And Bobby actually asked "Why can't you just swap the clothes in it?" but that would mean Bobby walking to the other side of the room which is sort of my side.  And knowing him as much as I do, I know he will probably complain about that if I did just do that.  Soooo.... no turning back now!
Almost there!
Look!  I can see more of our floor!!!  I still need to clear up some other things like that one plastic 4-tier shelf, but at this point, this is progress!
On another day, I cleared up the ping pong table!  It was stacked up with mostly my gardening tools, it was just a matter of finding a spot for everything and not being lazy about putting it back where it should be:
And everything went into the she-shed!  I bought a couple new metal shelves/drawers a while ago and actually they are still empty.  So I guess I have no excuses for not having any space to put stuff away.  I found a plank/shelf in the garage so I plopped that on top of the metal shelves so now I have a new place to put my plants.  Yes, I saved that big branch that I spray-painted black.  Who knows when I might need something like that.  Wait, is that called "hoarding"???
And see those garden string lights on the table?  Graham actually weed-whacked them and broke a couple of connections.  So that's another thing on my "to fix" list.  But hey look, I discovered more flooring in the she-shed too!
I even managed to put the chair in there:
So it's not much of a chair.  It was one that the boys and I picked up by the dumpster when we went for our eye appointment many many months ago.  I tore up the fabric and also got rid of the padding. Someday, I will get it re-upholstered.  Someday... :-P

A few more things to be recycled and and thrown out (I'll explain the condition of the wall in the next post!):
Yay!!! I cleared up the back of the ping pong table.  More valuable floor space. Ha ha!
Wonder what this black "serpent" is???  It's my sandbags that I have wrapped in garbage bags as a liner.  Not sure how well it's going to work as it was still leaking last time and supposedly some sort of liner might help???  And the cardbox underneath the dartboard is suppose to go on the wall so the boys don't destroy the wall with poke-marks from the darts!  I haven't figured out how to get it on the wall yet.  Ideas, anyone???  Hmmm.... :-\

In the meantime, I found my sewing box in the garage and look at all the stuff in it!
I found the little Hello Kitty purse that my sister and I had since we were kids... so it's probably maybe about 30 years old??!
And look at these sewing patterns!  These belonged to my mom.  Someday perhaps, I will attempt to make something from these. Maybe when the boys are off to college.  Ha ha!  But look how jumpsuits were in fashion then and is still now!
And these pendant lights - I actually bought these a few days ago and picked them up from a lady near the boys' school (practicing social distancing during pick-up, of course!).  Yes, I am still shopping online since I can't go to any stores:
I'm hoping to get these in both bathrooms, but the bathroom lights are set up as recessed lighting so I will need to buy a converter of some sort to hang these. I guess I don't make my life any easier by adding more things on my to-do list!

And hey look! I fixed those garden string lights that Graham weed-whacked!
It took a couple of tries.  I had connected the wrong lines the but once I swapped them... Ta da!!!
I couldn't find any electrical tape so since the bare wires are exposed, I had to put the string light indoors.  Looks like it will have Christmas all year long in the she-shed :-)

Phew! We have so much stuff!  It's slowly but surely coming along - one and a half years later after moving into this house. Ha ha!!!

No comments: