Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Happy Easter

We don't normally celebrate Easter although we did educate on the boys on why Easter was important. Although  I was trying to figure out - why was Jesus put on the cross? What did he do exactly???  And I couldn't really find an answer!  The internet sort of gave a vague answer but no precise one.  That really made me wonder...

Anyway, there was no Easter Bunny sighting except for this one.  Does this one count?  :-)
The boys were obviously more excited about the Easter Egg chocolate:
I think the reason behind not doing anything for Easter is because most of the time, we have been in Phoenix.  And the golf club there would host a huge Easter Egg Hunt on the driving range of the golf course.  Graham and Charlie really enjoyed that! And it's not just something we can top.

Speaking of enjoy, this grey ladybug was on my sweater the day after I wore it during our walk around the neighborhood. I've never seen a grey one before. How neat!  It may have enjoyed the walk on my sweater but more so than not, probably enjoyed pooping on it all night long too! Blah!
Graham has been working on Poetry for 4th Grade and coincidentally, he made up a Concrete or Shape Poem called Eggs:

In case you are having a tough time rotating your computer... here it is:

Eggs are very fragile.
Very yummy in cake.
Yum.
If you drop them they will break 
and are so hard to clean up.
Which came first -
the chicken or the egg?

I thought he did a great job on this!  He has written one other poem (a cinquain one - I had to actually figure out how to pronounce it) and will have to write a few more. I am definitely learning about different poem types as Graham does too. 

Didn't really do too much this weekend.  I did move the printer from it's hiding spot under the black round table to just being on top of it.  Helps when I have to print double-sided ones and not having to crouch over and find the paper feed. With all the printing that needs to be done during homeschooling, this will work so much better:
Charlie's room was a mess too!  I did have a few of my things in there that didn't belong in his room like old cassette tapes.  I know,... cassettes!
Ahhh... so much better!  It was such a struggle getting Charlie to help but after mentioning that he would earn "Tablet Points" which are points/minutes to play on his tablet, it went a bit smoother.  Geez... is it always about bribing now??!
And our first daffodil sighting!!! 
I've planted some in pots and also some around the fig tree, so hopefully it will be nice and pretty in the next few weeks.  I'm was going to plant them in the yard but was worried about it taking over.  I'm not exactly sure if they do but I didn't want to chance it.  I don't want to be pulling them out in the next few years, as pretty as they are.  They might end up as bad as weed. Ha ha...!

Just reading something here that says, ".. but the wait for a bloom for a plant grown from seed is about 5 years!".  So maybe I could have planted them along the yard somewhere.  Hmm... next spring then! :-)

No comments: