Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Recent happenings

Just a few random postings during the past couple of weeks.  Let's start off with a video of the squirrel.  Yes, this little fella wasn't even afraid of me while he (or she) was busy burying its fig!

https://youtu.be/M8wzhz9m--o

I guess the squirrel is getting ready for winter??!  I want to know how does it remember where it buries all its food??!  Plus, I'm not sure how well a fig will stay fresh while buried in the ground.  Too cute though!

While we're still talking about animals... the mouse is back! NOOOoooo...!!!

I had to clear out the entire bottom cabinet and then also wipe down the counter tops.  Bob was making fun about how much more counter space we have.  Pha! :-P

I wasn't sure if the little mouse had taken the mouse bait/poison that was already in the cabinet.  But I guess not because there was still some obvious evidence of it.  I am sort of glad it didn't because otherwise, we might have to deal with the stench of a dead mouse in the walls of the house.  I bought new mouse traps but the little stinker was pooping in front of it!  So I ended up buying some glue traps and.... GOT IT!
Except now I have to deal with disposing the mouse and glue trap and obviously the mouse was still alive.  Eeeeekkk!!! And once I put it in 2 plastic bags, I could still hear the mouse struggling.  Urgh... so yes, I decided to "take care of it" before dumping the bag into the trash bin outside.  I hope I don't have to deal with this again!  I've set more glue traps just in case there is more "activity" but so far so good.  I can't figure out where these mice are coming in from. I thought we were all good now :-/

On a happier note, I got to hang out with a mom-friend last Friday.  It was a little road trip as she had to get her cameras cleaned in Costa Mesa:
Thankfully traffic wasn't bad and we stopped for a quick meal before heading home for the evening.  We found some dumplings!  YUM!!!
It was probably a good idea that we didn't hit the road anyway during rush hour.  It was definitely a more pleasant drive home.  Plus, we got to see the beautiful sunset:
And speaking about finding stuff, I was digging through our bathroom cabinet looking for toothpaste and I found a bottle of shampoo.  Not just any shampoo, this one is from Abu Dhabi.  Ha ha! 
It's at least 4 years old since yesterday (9/28) was the anniversary of our move from Abu Dhabi 4 years ago now.  It's amazing how quickly time has flown!  I'm guessing this shampoo is still good? I guess I will find out soon :-)

That's all for now!  The weather has been cooler which has been awesome.  Oh, I do have one last photo.  It's a photo of my "wall" project.  I tried to take a panorama photo but obviously was not too steady with my hands/camera so the wall it a bit wavy.  But here it is... as I tell Bob, just as he tells me about his yard/grass-growing project - it is EVOLVING.  LOL!
This next photos is probably a bit better but minus the length of the entire wall:
I just have 2 more sun rays to deal with and I should be all done!  Should be.  This was definitely NOT how I imagined the project to end up looking ;-P

No comments: