Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Phone no workie!

I woke up this past Monday morning and doing my usual thing - make my coffee and check my phone. Except this time, there was a glimpse of something like 14% on my phone when I unplugged it out of the charger. And then, it went totally black.  Supposedly this is called the Black screen of Death.  And yup, it's totally dead.  Nooooo...!!!

And of course, today is a holiday (Labor Day) and none of the phone-fixing places are open.  We took it to a service provider retail store and they were of no help.  So, I had to wait it out another day until I was able to get it fixed. It's a good thing I wasn't having any withdrawals from my late-night phone browsing. 

The next day, I visited 2 stores to get it fixed.  I could have dropped it off for a $40 diagnosis. And then, it's could either be the battery or the charging port or neither. Although, either issue would have cost at least $80 to fix. 

Anyway, after some more contemplating, Bobby and I finally just decided it was time to just get me a new phone.  I wasn't too happy because that meant losing all my data and photos.  Yes, yes, I know - I should have backed everything up, but I didn't.  So now I have the fun part of finding out who my real friends are.  LOL! And which Apps I really use. And the boys have been happily updating the photos:

No wonder Graham and Charlie were chuckling behind in the backseat. Such monkeys!

So I'm slowly learning about all the back-ups that are available now.  Hopefully this will be the first and last time that I will be concerned when needing to get a new phone.  Who am I kidding, I'll probably still be making this same mistake next time.  Looks like 4 years is the turnaround rate.... so wait for this same posting in year 2025. Ha ha! :-P

No comments: