Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Hyperlapse video - New ceiling fan

It was finally cool enough to install Graham's new ceiling fan.  I say this because his room is normally really warm during the day but since the weather has only been in the mid 70s, it hasn't been too bad when I had to turn the power off!

Charlie was insistent on getting another hyperlapse video done on my phone when I do the install. So here goes... installation from start to finish! I think the worse part of it was actually taking the old fan off.  Oh, it's actually a YouTube link because the video is too large.  I believe it actually took me 45 minutes or so in total:

https://youtu.be/XemjZVOivMk

Charlie was my little helper as usual, although he only wanted to help out with one of the fan blades.  Maybe because I was yelling at him (good thing there is no sound on the video!) as he was slapping the blade around before the install.  I was so worried he was going to break it!

And I also bought an extra fancy wall switch for $25 EACH.  Sheesh!  But I think it's definitely worth my peace of mind and sanity. This way if the boys ever lose their remote, we can still control the fan and light from this switch.  Yes, I'm definitely planning ahead or perhaps I am already foreseeing the future.  Ha ha!

Love these new fans.  They look so much better than the old ones!  Just one old fan now which is in our master bedroom.  We'll see if I want to change that out. I was looking at one with some bling but Bobby gave me a look when I showed it to him on my phone.  Ha ha! And nevermind that, ceiling fans are not cheap either!

No comments: