Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Potatoes!

A few months ago, I had put some halved potatoes into the ground.  It was hollowed out so we can catch some pill bugs (or rollie-pollies) for Graham's science project.  Well, I had totally forgotten about them and crazy enough, a potato plant sprouted from one of these halves!

Here's the hollowed out potato.  We didn't even actually bother catching any rollie-pollies.  So technically, we have just been feeding them.  LOL!
Look at that, 3 pretty good sized potatoes!
I'm glad I had excitedly told my friend about these newly harvested potatoes.  She mentioned something about the green parts being toxic.  Yikes! Who knew!
I still managed to salvage a couple other little bits so those go into the same pile as the store bought ones:
It's a good thing we are not having to eat just what we grow.  We would definitely starve.  Ha ha! 

No comments: