Friday, June 18, 2021

Lunch (and nap) at the Botanical Gardens

I've come to find out that every 3rd Tuesday is a free day at the local Botanical Gardens!  So we decided to pick up some lunch and picnic at the garden.  Unfortunately our favorite sandwich store is closed today. Bummer! So the boys picked up some sandwiches from a different restaurant (which didn't taste as good unfortunately) and I picked up a rice bowl with some stir-fried chicken.  Just can't get the Asian out of me. Ha ha!

We couldn't have picked a hotter day!  Thank goodness for all this shade:

After lunch, we decided to plop our new blanket under another shady tree:
Didn't take long for the boys to find some sticks:
Family we-fie!  Except Graham is pretending to be sleeping and Daddy is totally fast asleep!
I finally figured out how to use this wide-range selfie feature on my phone. Awesome!
Looks like the boys discovered some fun things on my phone.  This is Charlie - LOL!!!
And shhh... don't tell Daddy!!! Ha ha!
I'm definitely never falling asleep if Graham and Charlie has easy access to my phone :-P

After the quick nap (for Daddy), we decided to go into Old Town Torrance to find some local soft-serve ice cream:
We discovered this place after watching a TV series called "Worth It" recently.  Funny enough, one of the hosts of the show is also Malaysian!  Another fun day in the books :-)

No comments: