Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Camping in backyard

I can't believe it's June. And as per usual, we are continuing from May Gray to June Gloom!

I didn't get a chance to post about your little camping outing in the backyard last month.  Yup, we decided to sleep in our tent last week!  It was right during the Lunar Eclipse (May 26).  Since it was going to be in the middle of the morning, I figured why not just sleep in the tent and that way we wouldn't have to drag ourselves out of bed :-)

Bobby originally had the tent facing another way but then I was so worried that if anyone came out of the tent in the middle of the night, they would bonk themselves on the tether pole.  Ha! So figured, this direction would be better:

We have everything set up including the telescope!
Graham and Charlie are feeling nice and cozy.  At the end of it, we had about 5 blankies in there including their stuff animals:
Moon is slowly rising:
Daddy is thinking we should sleep in the other direction as well.  He's making a point to stick his feet outside of the tent to prove his point:
Getting dark and it's time for bed, but I'm hoping to read for a little bit.  I have my light and mosquito lamp set up.  I'm loving the ambiance of all our outdoor lighting is creating:
Hmmm... looking awfully cloudy!
Just before bedtime, the clouds are moving in even more.  The lunar eclipse will begin right about 4:10am.  We have our alarm clock set:
Just a bit more reading time before bed:
So the alarm went off at 4:10am and it was super cloudy!  I peeked my head out of the tent and couldn't even spot the moon.  Although I think it was actually behind our neighbor's home.  Well, I was too lazy to get out of the tent to find it, so Bobby and I just ended up going back to bed.  Ha ha!

Until about 5am or so... one of these two squirrels were literally "barking"!
If you don't believe me, just listen.  And of course, the dog barking didn't help either with us trying to get back to sleep:
When we all finally do wake up... still May Gray:
I think everyone actually slept quite well despite that one noisy squirrel.  Graham is normally the first one up and he is still rolled up like a burrito:
Charlie and I are just barely waking up.  If only there wasn't any school this morning!
One more look at our setup.  What a fun night! We survived :-D
I'm so glad the boys and Bob liked the little camp-out.  They even talked about doing it again!  Maybe someday we will be brave enough to actually do some camping in a national park.  Or maybe at least "glamping" - i.e. glamour camping.  Ha ha!!! 

No comments: