Saturday, June 12, 2021

Making spam musubi

Charlie LOVES these!  I can't remember how we had introduced these to him but now that we're home a lot, I started making it for him too.  And of course, the main ingredient is Spam.  I compare these to pork roll, but Bobby says it's not even close!  I wonder if I swapped it out one day if he would really know the difference :-P

I was having such a tough time putting the rice together that I looked it up online and found this little trick!  You use the spam can and a little bit of saran wrap. How clever!
Why didn't I think of that!?
I definitely put too much rice in this one.  Ha ha, normally it's just rice and spam on top but I put double layer of rice with spam in between. LOL!  And then just wrap the whole thing with seaweed.  Yum, I love it too.  I'm glad I have a foodie to share these with.  Bobby and Graham don't want anything to do with seaweed, although Graham will at least eat spam with fried rice. It's bad enough I don't cook any Malaysian food.  Hopefully someday the boys will get to experience the same foods that I ate growing up, although musubi is something we discovered here.  At least I know Charlie won't be starving when he goes to college :-)

No comments: