Monday, June 14, 2021

Graham's 5th Grade Promotion (June 9)

I think it's so funny how they say "Promotion" these days instead of "Graduation".  Is it really that big of a deal to say "Graduation"? Or I suppose it's not quite the correct term anymore.  Somehow "Promotion" just doesn't seem right in an academic sense. Call me old-fashion. Ha!

Okay, Bobby and Graham are ready! Charlie and I are staying home as Charlie still has online school today and they are only allowing 2 guests per student anyway:

Graham is so happy to be back on campus.  I even sewed up a mask for him to match his hat :-)
The kids got to pick out their own fabric for their mortarboard hats.  They also had the opportunity to personalize it, but Graham kept it nice and simple.  He just had a little pug button on the top to hold his tassel:
Ha ha,... so cute!

I got to at least watch the "Promotion" live online but then there was no audio!  Each student had a speech during their walk-up to the stage.  I think Graham talked about his best memories in his 3 years at this school - which included an overnight field trip (which Bob chaperoned).  I'm so glad it happened because not long after that, Covid happened!

Graham is re-visiting one of his favorite spots at school - the secret garden:
Woohoo!!!
Here's Graham by his old classroom.  I remember having to go into his class for all the parent-volunteer activities too:
I can't believe our first-born is going to middle school! 
Look at that face.  He is growing up for sure!

No comments: