Monday, June 28, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's been over 2 weeks since my birthday and I haven't even had a chance to post about it yet!  The boys had golf camp last week and I guess that really took up a lot of time.  Although, it was really just a half-day program, so I'm not exactly sure where all that time went?!

We didn't do too much for my birthday, which was fine as we had just spent an afternoon at the Getty Villa the day before.  It was a nice day at home and we ate a lot of food and there were lots of presents to open.  So what's in the huge birthday bag you ask??!
It's the Life boardgame!  Hmm... I'm not exactly sure if this one was for me:
I know I always ask for Polynesian sauce when I'm at Chick-fil-a, but what am I going to do with an entire bottle of it without the chicken sandwich?  Ha ha!  This was obviously Bobby's idea :-P
A lounge floater! Hmm... probably something else the boys wanted for their trip to the swimming pool?  Ha ha!
Okay, here we go - an LA Kings t-shirt:
A new pair of sunglasses!  Purple... my favorite color:
Bobby also bought me a nice pretty necklace:
And a pretty wrap dress!
Unfortunately, the dress did not fit and I tried to return it, but since it was a sale item - the store would not take it back!  Booo... now what? Looks like I'll have to figure something else with it.  I do love the pattern and fabric.

The boys also bought me a nice smelling candle.  Perhaps it will help with all the stress they give me. Ha!
Love the cards, especially with Charlie's butterfly drawings.  He's been drawing them like that since our days in Abu Dhabi:
I mean how cute is this:
Looks like we're spending part of the day playing "Life" today:
And while we play, Bobby is picking up some brunch from our favorite diner.  I even got a birthday note from them.  Too cute!
Yummy pork carnitas with an over-easy egg, smothered with a yummy sauce and beans, and a side of hash browns.  There's also a couple pieces of tortillas buried under all that.  No wonder we are getting more "round" these days.  Ha ha!
As if brunch wasn't enough, it was time to get some cake and tea at a local bakery:
We were going to drive into downtown LA to try out a bakery that we saw on a TV show, but after yesterday's long drive to and back from Malibu, we figured it would just be something closer today.

Unfortunately, my matcha latte was a bit cold but these little fried red-bean doughy balls were super yummy! They reminded me of the ones we got from my hometown growing up in Kota Kinabalu (in Sabah, Malaysia):
I'd say it was a pretty successful road trip for cake.  Plus, I even got a neck massage on the way home, courtesy of Charlie in the backseat :-)
I thought these flowers were dead but look, they are finally blooming today!  A plus for my birthday:
And also received some gifts from my sister - a nice gift card and also a paint-by-number! I'm not sure if I'm going to thank her for that yet.  I ended up with a headache the next day when I started working on it one night!
Last but not least, dinner (take-out) from our favorite Chinese restaurant:
I love my noodles and braised beef soup!
And only way to end a birthday is to blow out a candle on another red-bean bun :-D
Phew! That was a lot of eating in one day!  

And my good friend Linda showed up a few days later and gave me my own little yogurt maker! 
I haven't had a chance to make any yet.  Will keep you all posted on that!  

Another fun birthday!  I can't complain. Or maybe Bobby does owe me that trip around the Porsche race track next year ;-P

No comments: