Saturday, June 12, 2021

New bathroom faucet

I'm not sure if I made the right decision here.  Hmmm....

I thought that it might be too much.  Too modern? Too odd looking??!  Well, the day came to finally install them!  We put a new one in each of our 2 bathrooms:
Except one of them started leaking at the top where the handle is!  I had the plumber come back and he said it's a defect.  And it was really tricky to pull the stopper up too.  That doesn't look right somehow :-/
Maybe the faucet looked better in the video advertisement with the hunky guy.  LOL!
Well, Bobby says he likes it.  Maybe he is saying it just to please me?!  And instead of keeping the water in the sink, now that this faucet is a bit taller - water is splashing even more all over the sink.  Ha!  Maybe there's a bit of buyer remorse here.  But we are still waiting for the new faucet to arrive so the defective one can be replaced.  And perhaps I'll just need a new backsplash to protect the wall from water splatter :-D

By the way, we did have the boys' toilet replaced too.  And after a few days, it clogged!!! I couldn't believe it!  But thankfully it only took a few pumps with the plunger before it was unclogged. Hopefully it's just a one-time thing.  I've poured a bunch of root-kill into the toilet and some other stuff into the kitchen sink. I have a feeling these pretty purple trees in the front yard are causing some issues in the drain with their extensive roots.  But they are so pretty!
It's definitely a love-hate relationship with these Jacaranda trees. Our driveway is always so messy!
Look at my little walkway in the front garden! If it's not the purple flowers, then it's twigs and branches from the same tree.  Can't win!
Anyway, I digress. I'm still waiting for the home improvement store to call me once the new faucet arrives. Hopefully it won't take too much longer.  And thankfully it's not an uncontrollable leak. And in the meantime, I think I may have found the perfect backsplash tile :-P

No comments: