Friday, June 11, 2021

Early birthday lunch

Last weekend, a good friend bought some lunch and drove us to a private beach.  So fancy!!!

Wow... so this is what it's like to be part of a fancy beach membership:
And we have pretty much the whole place to ourselves!!!
We ordered from a Vietnamese restaurant that Bobby and I have wanted to try but just haven't had a chance to yet.  Just not sure if Graham and Charlie would like it:
Well, I totally enjoyed the food and my banh-mi sandwich didn't stand a chance either.  What a relaxing day... no wonder these homes on the hill are worth millions:
The view along this beach does not disappoint:
Walking along the beach and I just had to take a photo of this random flower in the vast expanse of the sand.  Amazing how life finds a way somehow:
As if lunch wasn't enough, my friend takes me out shopping for some fancy leggings. It was a bit odd as I think only my sister has taken me shopping like that. I'm so lucky to have a friend like her!
OMG, these leggings are like second skin - literally just like what the description is!  Good thing we don't have any brand loyalty anymore to Bobby's previous company.

I haven't had a chance to actually give my friend anything for birthday or celebrate it with her, as she didn't even tell me about it!  But she said I can just bake her a cake and call it even.  I have been looking for a specific chocolate pie but somehow I just can't seem to find it in my cooking magazines!
Well, I finally decided on a layered chocolate cake so hopefully it will be a tasty one.  I'll post a photo of it when I do bake it :-)  But what an awesome day - I don't think I've been away from the Bobby and the boys for this long in a long time!

No comments: