Sunday, June 6, 2021

Bobby's birthday ~ cont.

I think Bobby had somewhat of an idea of what his surprise was.  We were all dressed up in our golf gear and I had already quietly put our golf clubs in the minivan.  I can't believe Bobby was actually snooping around the car, checking out the trunk!

Here we are...  family we-fie on the 1st Tee at Terranea Golf Club!  Bobby was pleasantly surprised.  He had been wanting to play here for a very long time:
Here goes the first tee-shot for Bobby:
OMG... talk about funny!  The boys have been quietly planning this ever since our little stop-over at the golf shop the week before. LOL!!!

Oh boy, not the best (real) first shot for Bobby.  A one-handed follow-through is never a good sign!
Graham hits a decent shot:
And so did Charlie!
My muscles were a bit stiff but surprisingly made it on the green.  Woohoo!  I'm glad I reset the golf net under our back-patio so the boys have had a few days of practice.  Here's the setup by the way.  I love how Graham practices in Daddy's flip flops.  Ha ha!
Oh, and forgot to show the new head cover that Charlie got.  He insisted on this pineapple!
Okay.... and we're off! I love this photo.  I love family golf outings:
Graham ended up losing his fancy Ironman golf ball on the next hole. He hit it way over the green!  Looks like we all need to figure out their yardages with their new clubs.  And now that I'm remembering, it could have been a disastrous day starting out.  As we were leaving the 1st green, the group behind us totally hit into us!  The ball hit Graham's pull-cart on the fly.  Sheesh! Talk about bad etiquette.

Here's Graham's swing on Hole #4, if I'm not mistaken:
Still needs some work, but we're getting there!  I had taken a video of Charlie's swing too but I was too late capturing it.  And had forgotten to take another one!  But he had a chip-in on this hole. He was so super happy!!!

Oh wait, I do have one swing video of Charlie at home using the golf net.  He is constantly barefoot everywhere in this backyard:
Both Graham and Charlie's swings are definitely coming along.  Looking forward to more golf this summer!

While we have a few minutes to spare from being hit by the group behind us:
Apart from taking in the beautiful scenery, the boys are also sneaking up on bunny rabbits:
As long as they are being quiet during Bobby's backswing!
Another family we-fie! Hole #8:
And coincidentally, looks like this Hole #8 is going to have a special place in our hearts for the rest of our lives.  Bobby made a hole-in-one!!!
Unbelievable!!! It's his first Ace in his 40 years of playing golf.  Woohooo...!!!
Bobby still can't believe it!  And we were all so excited that we had left poor Charlie so far behind to play his shot:
Graham's bunker shots are getting a lot better these days.  I wonder why...?  Well, he does get lots of practice out of them :-)
Unbelievable!  And actually, the ball next to the hole is mine.  Graham and Charlie are convinced that mine hit Bobby's ball and ricochets off!
I guess we will never know.  But darn those Covid cups - the courses have made these cups more shallow to prevent more contact with the pin. I didn't want to steal Bobby's thunder anyway:
We're still checking to see if my ball could have gone in based on where the ball/pitch mark is:
What an awesome memory for the birthday boy!  We couldn't have planned this any better:
Here is Bobby's birthday celebration dance:
And just because... here is Charlie's explanation for my golf ball:
Yay to an awesome day!
And Bobby even gets a certificate - Hole #8 with a 5 iron, at 171 yards:
Well, after all that excitement - it is time to find some food.  I tried calling the restaurant on the resort but no one picked up.  So we decided to walk over.  These agave plants are sprouting some crazy tall stems this time of the year!
The views here are amazing!
And looks like the wait will be 2 hours for dinner.  What??!!!
Boys are complaining about being so tired.  We finally decided to try dining in for the first time back at an Italian restaurant nearby that we like.  They put us towards the back of the restaurant at first, by the kitchen and restroom.  I finally decided to have them switch up to a table up front by the door.

Charlie, on the other hand decides to play the piano!
Here's the brief video:
The patrons were clapping so loudly and asking Charlie to play again when he was done.  So sweet!  And Charlie was so super happy and proud when he got back to the table.  He actually even took a bow when he got done playing :-D

Okay, we are ready for some food!
And then of course, some limoncello sorbet.  YUMMM...
I had ordered a crème brulee for dessert and it didn't stand a chance with these 2 boys!
Finally, two more little gifts for Daddy when we got home.  I had picked these up during the auction for the local Education Foundation.  The first, a holistic therapy session.  I guess it's come at a good time since Bobby just lost his job early last week!
And then also a first edition and signed copy of an economics book.  Not sure why, but he loves this stuff! :-P
I'd have to say that it was an awesome birthday weekend! So now the big question is, how are Daddy and Graham and Charlie going to top that for my birthday next weekend?  Hmm....??? Ha ha, just kidding.  I'm just happy if the boys let me sleep in.  And perhaps also make me breakfast in bed (hint, hint!)

No comments: