Friday, June 11, 2021

Date night

It's been so long since our last date night!  Graham and Charlie had a birthday party at a friend's house last week and so Bobby and I were able to get away and finally try out a fancy French restaurant:

The French onion soup was amazing!  Especially the areas of the cheese that was slightly burned.  And then the tomato mustard tart too was quite tasty.  I've never had that before.

And I was suppose to have the beef bourguignon, but when the bone-in chicken showed up for Bobby, we decided to swap.  Bobby isn't quite the bone-in sort of person:
No matter, this chicken dish was super yummy!  The sauce was super tasty.  And I'm glad the beef bourguignon didn't look like the one I tried to make on my first attempt (I totally burned it!).  This beef was super tender and the veggies were nice and fresh:  Probably a dish that Graham might like:
We're trying to figure out what sort of dishes the boys might like as we do want to bring them here.  There is cheese fondue, which the boys do like at another location.  And there's also freshly baked apple pie.  Who wouldn't like that!  We did go for the chocolate mousse instead this time, as the apple pie would have taken 10 minutes to bake, and we were running out of time!
It was a big bowl of mousse but thinking that leftover mousse would probably not hold up, why not just finish it quickly :-)

No wonder my waistline is getting very "happy" these days!  Hopefully Bobby and I won't have to wait another 2.5 years before our next date night! 

No comments: