Monday, May 3, 2021

Reorganizing Graham's room

It's a never-ending project - trying to organize and make more space in the boys' room.  There was a posting in the neighborhood app for a free filing cabinet and hutch.  FREE! Nothing beats that price! Except it was metal and super heavy!!!

But first things first, time to move some stuff out of Graham's bedroom.  Can't believe we still have this baby changing table!  And the kids are almost 9 and 11 years old now.  Ha ha!
I was going to put the filing cabinet/hutch on this side but it is too tall now that we have the AC unit right about this area.  Ya, the cabinet + hutch combo is about 7 ft tall!
So this dresser plus bookshelf combo needs to be moved to that wall.  Phew!
Oh by the way, I finally bought some wood filler and filled up the screw holes of Charlie's bed.  Hope these screws will hold on now!
I was wondering why this changing table was so wobbly.  Looks like the bottom part is missing the backing.  Must have been damaged during the last move:
Nothing so messy bothers these boys during computer time:
Charlie is somewhere behind all this furniture.  Ha!
So, back to picking up this massive filing cabinet!  Did I mention it was metal?  Fortunately the pickup location was close to some yummy dessert and pastries:
So here's just the bottom half - the filing cabinet, just fitting nicely into our minivan!  I'm glad the lady was able to help us with it using her dollie and that we didn't break any of her concrete steps.  6 steps to be exact.  Phew!  The hutch will have to wait to be picked up on another trip:
Before we get to that heavy stuff, we're going to snack first:
Yuuummmm.... :-)
O M Goodness,... I don't know how we got this filing cabinet through the garage door and side door, but we did.  I didn't want to damage our newly tiled and cemented/finished new stoop by going through the front door.

I had Graham clean up this filing cabinet with our super-loud vacuum cleaner.  Might be time to buy another one?  Thankfully the cabinet wasn't too dirty or dusty so we didn't have to leave the vacuum on for so long:
I'm also glad we had our own dollie to use.  With the bigger wheels, it was a tad easier.  Just a tad:
Ta da!!! Although Graham's room is perhaps starting to feel more like an office than a bedroom :-P
Bobby was using this room as an office for a while, but in any case these new cabinets will let me put away some more stuff out of our sight!  I don't think Bobby was very happy with yet another large piece of furniture in the house. And I was definitely not allowed to put any clothes in these filing cabinets.  I'm not sure what gave him that idea in the first place when Graham already has his dresser.

Anyway... it was so cute to see Graham's stuff animal "Fluffy" sitting by one of the screws when I walked into his room.  This is obviously temporary as we will be putting the hutch up soon:
The next day... time to pick up the hutch.  The lady wasn't home but the boys and I managed. And also managed to get it into the house.  So proud of them and their muscles!
My arms are hurting so I can't even take a clear photo with my phone.  Ha ha!
So... looking more like a bedroom on this side:
... and an office on this side.  I'm going to have to make sure I get this heavy and massive furniture latched to the wall.
Graham's room is already starting to look tidier!  And the top and middle drawers are still somewhat empty.  I'll be able to clear out some of the things from the overstuffed closets!  I wonder at what point will I be able to have the house all organized?  Probably never!  Or... when we have to move out (and start all over).  Ha!

No comments: