Tuesday, May 18, 2021

New hallway light fixture

Seems like I can't get enough of fixing up light fixtures around this house.  I suppose as long as it doesn't cost too much, then I'm guessing Bobby doesn't mind it to much :-P

The one I wanted to replace is the one in the little hallway by the boys' bedroom and their toilet.  It's right by the attic access too so I needed something that wouldn't break easily. But first, let me see what's required to replace it:

Looks like I just need to hardwire it:
Here's the new light fixture.  Too much?
But first, let's check to see if the connection works.  Yes!!!
I love the design the light creates on the ceiling!  Maybe a tad yellow?
I think it's still better than keeping this boring recessed light fixture:
I'm not sure if the "bling" from the new light is competing too much with the bling that's in the bathroom pendant light.  Hmm....
I'll have to just sleep on this a bit more, but in the meantime I'm going to go ahead and to install the dimmer.  That's really the main thing for this light - since the boys like to always leave this light on at night:
Somehow I thought there was suppose to be 3 wires and not just 2 to connect.  I finally decided to buy a mini voltage reader so I can figure out which is the hot (black) wire.  Come to find out the hot wire is not even black color in this instance!
I sent Bobby out to buy me a new light bulb.  I didn't realize how HUGE this round one was.  Ha ha!!!
Thankfully that massive round light bulb still fits!
This might be it... for now!  I bought a whole box of string lights to update our back patio.  I guess that should be my next project while the weather is still nice/not too hot.  The issue is I really want to paint the ceiling to freshen up the cracked and dirty paint before hanging up those new string lights.  That's why I've been procrastinating.  Good news is the summer holiday is coming up in less than a month.  I can't wait to be done with online schooling!!!

No comments: