Monday, May 17, 2021

New toilet seat

Who knew it would be that difficult to pick out a toilet seat.  Actually, who knew how super tricky it was to figure out how to even take off the toilet seat!  I was told by our old plumber that the toilet seat could not be taken off until you actually take the entire toilet out.  Woah... what??!

Anyway, after some long research, I finally figured out how to take the toilet seat off!  And actually, just a few days ago, we already had a new plumber come by to give us an estimate on installing new toilets. So perhaps this will save us a few bucks!

There's actually this button you push and it releases the seat. Clever!... but only if you know of it!!!

I can't believe it has taken us 2.5 years to figure this out:
As tricky as this was, it actually made installation really easy because I didn't have to reach behind the toilet.  And while this is going on, our light in the bathroom vent stops working.  Are you kidding me??!
I was also having a tough time trying to figure out how to take this cover off.  Thankfully it didn't take 2.5 years!!!

And I'm glad I didn't actually need all of these tools:
So looks like this first toilet seat that we ordered did not fit very well.  Well, let me rephrase that - it actually fits but because this new one has an "edge", the size of the actual seat is smaller:
See... same elongated shape but the one on the right can accommodate a bigger bum, I mean, is more comfortable :-P
Yay!!! All done!  This definitely saves us some money since we won't have to actually replace the toilets:
But perhaps I spoke too soon... the boys' toilet has now been clogged for the last 4 days!!! I've tried everything - plunger, auger, poured stuff down the toilet, even snaked our kitchen sink - nothing has worked!!!  This is starting to sound expensive.  Noooo...!!!

Well, at least all the vent needed was a light bulb.  Oh, but which one? LEDs are really dominating the market now and there's soft white, bright white...? What happened to just plain 60W on the label???
Well, I'm slowly getting the hang of it now since I have another light project/replacement coming up.  Stay tuned! :-D

No comments: