Wednesday, May 19, 2021

May Gray

I think it is really true when they say "May Gray" around here.  It's normally quite cloudy in the mornings, and then the sun will be out most of the day after that.  It actually rained briefly a couple of weeks ago which was great because my rain barrel was running empty!

I have to say, I do sort of like this slightly gloomy weather in the mornings.  Doesn't hurt the eyes so much when you're just waking up.  Ha ha!

And then, there's almost always the marine layer that rolls in by the afternoons:
If you couldn't see it in the photo above, you can definitely see it in this photo below:
It always amazes me how this phenomenon occurs here - something about warmer air on land and cooler temperature on the water.  I suppose sometimes I'm glad that we live on this side of the hill instead of the other, but then again an ocean view from the house would be nice.  We probably will never get one unless we win the lottery!!!

No comments: