Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

 Another year, another Mother's Day!  I still think every day should be Mother's Day - or at least every weekend.  Ha ha!  It was nice being spoiled for the day.

But first, not allowed in Charlie's room as all the gifts were in there the night before.  Ha ha!

The next day, Happy Mother's Day!  But wait... these gifts are for... not me??!
At least they got the card, and flowers, and pretty bowl right:
I actually already picked out the bowl the day before at the store.  So I already knew what I was getting. LOL!!!  I was originally going to use the bowl to put the dishwashing sponge, but after finding out that it's a berry bowl - Hmmm... it's now definitely too pretty for dish sponges. Ha!

Graham and Charlie picked out this card for me.  Cute!
And here is the envelope - so funny when they refer to me by my name. Silly boys!
Love the tulips! I'll probably put these in the ground:
Graham and Charlie made me breakfast on Mother's Day.  So cute:
I could get used to this every weekend :-)
Meanwhile, Bobby is taking it easy on the couch.  Ha!  I suppose this is why we have the kids??!
I also asked Graham and Charlie to paint my nails for me.  Charlie was a bit neater than Graham, but not too shabby for a first time :-D
Speaking of nails, my thumb is finally recovering!  The one piece fell off a few weeks ago and I can actually somewhat use the nail of my thumb again.  That's 4.5 months with no useful nail! It's amazing how often you actually need it:
And coincidentally, here is my friend that I was visiting when I slammed the door to my thumb!  She suggested a lunch together on Mother's Day.  The restaurant we wanted to eat at would not take our Take-Out order so we ended up picking up poke (pronounced 'poké' - a hawaiian dish consisting of dish raw fish and rice) from our favorite vendor:
Can't beat the view!!!
We basically just stopped on the side of the street going up this hill and there's the perfect bench :-)

This same friend also asked me if I wanted a dresser.  At first I was like, no... I don't have the space for it.  And then realizing that it would fit in this corner:
Ahhh... so much better!  I just couldn't let it go or have her sell it in the neighborhood App.  It's too pretty!!!
Even Bob agreed that it's a pretty dresser.  And it matches the two cranes that I have in this embroidered painting that I picked up last year:
And right now, it's the perfect spot to put all my Mother's day cards :-D
Those drawers of the dresser are awesome too.  I was able to put away quite a few things that had been cluttering up our open shelves.  And this way, I'm now able to put my new bookend that I had purchased.  Actually got it from a lighting store:
I told Bobby that I just have to imagine it's him all muscular like that :-P

But let me back up a bit.  After lunch, I came home for a bit and then since Bobby had to work for a while, I took the boys out to a woodworking/hardware store.  I wanted to find some new hardware for the kitchen cabinets and figured this would be the day where Bobby wouldn't complain! 
But unfortunately, no hardware that I liked and not even the same size as the ones in our kitchen!  Since we didn't spend too much time in the store, I took the boys to our next destination - a lighting store.  We really didn't need anything here but ever since moving here, I had always wanted to go into this store every time we drove by it.  And today, we were only a block away.  He he...

WOAH!!!  Too bad our house is too small.  LOL!!!
We did find this cute butterfly lamp that Charlie now uses as his night light:
We also spotted some small water fountains and we all agreed on this one. We did decide to keep it indoors instead of outside:
And yes, there's actually a light that shines on the ball from underneath!  And since the boys love to watch it so much, I decided to move it to another spot - by the fishes.  And also put their rock collection around it, along with those that came with the fountain:
I told Bobby it reminded me of those cheap massage places.  LOL!!!

One last stop to get some acai before heading home:
I'd say it was a pretty good day!  Although I did spot this in a fancy magazine yesterday:
It's like a nail that's been shaped into a ring. This one is made by a well-known jeweler and is listed for about $2,200.  Sheesh!  Maybe I could just bend a nail and spray paint it. LOL!!!
I guess I'll just stick to this berry bowl, which by the way is perfect for my cherry tomatoes!
Or if Bobby really needs more ideas for gifts, I spotted this one.  I love my honey, but do I love it enough to spend this much money??!
But how cool is this - I mean, you just turn a faucet and fresh honey comes out of the hive??!

What a fun Mother's Day!  It's been so long since we have been out shopping. Definitely need to do it more often.  And more Mommy lunches too! :-)

No comments: