Monday, March 22, 2021

Random photos

Just a collection of random photos from the last few weeks.  

We haven't been out too much recently but looks like the time to hit the beach is on a cold windy day:

It's nice when the beach is not too crowded.  I still can't believe we live in such a pretty place near the ocean. We are definitely spoiled here and I don't think the boys really know that yet:
I made Shepperd's pie a couple of weeks ago and it tasted extra yummy as Bobby got me some the "secret" ingredient - Guinness beer. Of course I had to take a few sips to make sure it tasted just right :-)
The apple tree in the backyard finally succumbed to my cutting sheers:
Doesn't look too bad, I think??!  Ha, well - the apple tree didn't really bear any fruits last season so maybe this pruning will help.  Just maybe???
We took a trip down to Manhattan Beach the weekend before last and went to get some gelato. This is how we are having to eat our ice-cream now - on the side of the street, by the parking meter.  Not sure if that's really a problem with Charlie anyway:
There's a new artwork on the wall not far from the gelato store.  We tried to make it look like we were holding the balloons:
It's a BIG collection of balloons!!!
Our broccoli plant is still producing.  Who knew this is how it worked even after the main stem has been chopped off:
Definitely more than enough to feed us for one meal:
Charlie kept sneaking my computer mouse away so I finally decided to just buy a new one.  Yes, one that still has a wire. I don't like the wireless ones - the one I used many years ago took a while to respond to if you didn't move it after a while.  So, that was that! This new mouse even has some fancy interchangeable lights and a soft-click. So fancy and I'm so happy :-D
Urgh... the thumb story - so I'm guessing another 3-4 more months before this horizontal crack on  my thumb will finally disappear??!
We finally have our 2nd Monarch butterfly!!! I'm so glad the dental floss hanging on the safety pin worked out and the chrysalis did not fall while the butterfly was emerging:
We were actually away in Big Bear this past weekend and I had dropped off our butterfly cage to our neighbor.  Thank goodness I did that because one of the chrysalis hatched.  And tt's a girl!!!
I'm so glad our neighbor and their kids got to let this butterfly go as they were not around when we let our first "baby" out 3 weeks ago now.  One more chrysalis left, and it looks like the chrysalis color is getting darker by the day - which means it should hatch any time now. Fingers crossed!

And we are winding down this post with a video of Bobby.  Sometimes I'm not sure if he actually buys the toys for Graham and Charlie or for himself.  He is such a kid!

We just got back from Big Bear, for a change of scenery with snow. Will be posting photos from that trip soon :-)

No comments: