Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Graham, our Sea Captain

Somehow I had missed the memo about Graham needing to be a Sea Captain - John Paul Jones to be exact.  It was a class project last week - "Walk Through the American Revolution".  Well, it's the day before and we don't have his costume or a sword!


I looked up John Paul Jones' photo and thankfully it looked somewhat similar to the shirt that Graham used during his Ye Old Locksmith project. So, it's off to "work"!

Luckily I had some navy blue fabric that I basically just sewed over the brown.  I even busted out the fringe that I had used to sew on a Roaring 20s dress for an event I attended last year.  I rolled up some fringe and used that for whatever-you-call-it on the shoulder :-D
And thank goodness we didn't throw away that big huge box that was the packaging from the recent shed that we had bought/installed a few weeks ago.  The thickness of the cardboard was perfect for Graham's sword!

"I have not yet begun to fight!"
Ta da!!!  Not too shabby!  We turned the hat that was included in the Pilgrim outfit and turned it sideway to match the Naval Captain's.  
Phew! Mission accomplished! I hope there's not too many more projects that involves costumes!!!

No comments: