Monday, March 1, 2021

Happy bees

There's not as many bees as we normally would get, but then again not too many flowers/plants are blooming right now.  I still have to be a bit careful when I'm out there in the garden though!

It's so funny watching the bees just plop their entire heads sometimes into these tiny flowers:
And the bees also love these bright yellow flowers from a succulent:
What a pretty contrast with the dark foliage and the bright yellow flowers: 
The weather has been fairly warm during the day under the sun.  It seems that I still have to water every other day despite having drought-tolerant plants.  Maybe I'm not doing something right here.  Hmmm...

And oh, I was going to pull this broccoli plant that had started to flower but the bees love it too! So I guess it is staying put in the garden for now:
I've planted some more new flowers in the backyard, so hopefully the bees and butterflies and fingers crossed the hummingbird will be happy too :-)
Sometimes gardening can be quite the chore but looks like it's the only form of exercise I'm getting these days.  Ha ha!

No comments: