Saturday, March 20, 2021

Ceiling holes patched

The holes that previously held the old recessed lights were finally patched up a couple of weeks ago. This guy makes it look so easy! Well I suppose he has been doing it for the last 30 years!

I'm glad we didn't have to move too many things around although I did have both the boys' room filled with a couple of side tables, bags of toys, big chairs/stools, and the electric keyboard and its bench and piano stool. So hmmm, looks like I did move a few things out of the way:

The 2-man crew took about the whole morning. I think there were 11 holes in all. Yikes!
It already looks better! I was going to paint this ceiling by myself but the guy said it would only be an extra $50 do to so. What a deal! So we had them come back the following weekend.  If only it wasn't at 8am on a Saturday!
They taped every inch of the room up. I bought a pint of primer and a gallon of matching "ceiling" paint. I brought one of the drywall/ceiling to the local hardware store and had them match the color. Talk about amazing technology! And then, who knew there was such a thing as "ceiling" paint! Supposedly it doesn't drip as much. If that's the case, shouldn't all paint be "ceiling" paint??!
The new cans of recessed lights had to be pulled out for painting. I almost like the black trim. But here it is... a coat of primer on the repaired spots and 2 coats of paint = looking good!!!
And now here's the kicker - remember I said it was only $50 more? Well, with my limited Spanish capability - it was actually $250. Oops!!! They were totally surprised when I handed them $60, thinking I was being nice about giving them an extra $10. Lol!!! Talk about a miscommunication!

Well, if anything it does look nicely done and I don't have to bother about it anymore :-) Our new light fixture has been back-ordered until early April though so I'm not too happy about that. Moving on to the next project then. Yay!!!

No comments: