Sunday, February 21, 2021

Update on Noodles and Blue

Noodles is the new male betta that the boys had bought last month.  Looks like he has been quite defensive of his new space!  Someone is making all sorts of bubbles... at first I thought Zebra (our first snail) was the one.  But maybe it's Noodles??!  Check out all these bubbles on the top!

Supposedly snails create lots of bubbles when they feel threatened.  Then again, supposedly male bettas make "bubble nests" too for reproduction - whether there is a female betta present or not.  What interesting creatures!

Here's Noodles sleeping on the top one of the leaves at night:

Other times, he will hang out in the cave:
I've seen snail in there too, but not too often:
Here's Noodles intimidating Blue! :-(
It was almost to a point that I thought Blue was dead.  I actually declared Blue dead not once, but twice! He was semi-floating.  I mean that pretty much means it's dead, right??!  Anyway, I isolated Blue in a tupperware, thinking that was it for this poor little snail.  And then, I find it moving around and climbing the sides of the tupperware! This really makes me wonder if I threw out Tiger (our 2nd snail) before really giving him a chance!
Blue looks pretty miserable in the tupperware so we bought a new plant and also a new bowl.  But while shopping at the thrift store for a new glass bowl, I spotted a unicycle.  How cool it that!  But Bobby said that "unicycle" is Latin for "broken arm".  LOL!!!
So unfortunately, I was vetoed on that unicycle purchase.  But I think Blue is much happier now!
This little bowl is like a magnifying glass.  Everything looks so big from this angle!
Blue is moving around so much more in this bowl and I've actually been seeing his antennas again. I'm guessing that a good sign! And so it looks like we will have 2 tanks now - so much for low maintenance!  

No comments: