Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Graham's knee (Feb 9)

A couple of weeks ago while I was busy working in the yard, the boys were busy running around the backyard... as usual. Except this time Graham fell while Charlie was chasing him.  And of course Graham's knee had to hit right on the edge of a paver!  It really makes me rethink my selection of hardscape around the yard.  Sheesh!
The wound looks like lips!  I had applied some antibacterial ointment and slapped a bandaid on it.  In the meantime, I also had to ask Bobby to replenish our first aid kit.  And this is what he brought back from the store!
I guess Graham is really in not too much pain when he tells me to record him doing a flip on the trampoline the next day:
2 days later and the wound is already looking better.  It's amazing how he heals so quickly! There was sort of a "flap" where the wound was and I wasn't sure if I needed to trim it off.  I'm glad I didn't and just let the body take care of it:
Unlike my thumb which I had slammed onto the minivan door at the end of November.  That's almost 3 months now!
I have a nice "bump" where the new nail is forming.  Ha ha!
Anyway, 2 weeks later and wound has completely scabbed over and just an afterthought now.  Boys I tell you!  
Hopefully there won't be too many more injuries in the backyard.  I really don't want to go to the ER during this pandemic!

No comments: