Friday, February 5, 2021

Strange weather

Look what happened when it was raining here last week... the beach not too far from here (Manhattan beach) ended up getting snow!  How crazy is that??!

I pulled these photo off the Facebook so if these photos belong to you, please be sure to let me know so I can give you credit for it!

But aren't these such amazing photos??!  I've never seen snow on the beach before, although I believe there was snow spotted recently in the Sahara desert. Supposedly the 4th time in 42 years!  This weather is definitely going bonkers:
My in-laws in New Jersey got a lot of snow this past week and supposedly more snow will be coming their way.   The boys are so upset that they haven't had a chance to play in snow but at this rate, maybe I'll take the sun???
The snow has accumulated about halfway up the BBQ grill.  YIKES!!! And my mother-in-law said she has never seen icicles form anytime in her entire life living in New Jersey... until this past week!
More snow is expected this coming week.  I just emailed a friend in the eastern region of Canada and he said their weather is forecasted to be high around -25C and lows of -32C, which is equivalent to a high of 13F and low of -25F.  Sheesh..!!!  I don't think I could ever survive in that!  It's 71F in our living room right now and our portable heater is on, I have long sleeves and a sweater on, long pants and little light footsie/socks on. Ha ha!!!

Stay safe out there everyone! Not to rub it in or anything, but we are in the low to mid 60s all week long :-P

No comments: