Friday, February 5, 2021

Update on bulky blanket in Canada

Back in January, the boys and I arm-knitted a big bulky blanket.  It was a project that my sister and I had been discussing for my aunt in Canada, as she had recently lost her husband to cancer.  I had been debating about buying a weighted blanket and after a few more internet searches, it came down to just making our own bulky blanket!

My aunt received the blanket in mid January and she loves it!  She sent me a photo of it in her living room.  Funny how the color of the blanket even matched her décor and furniture :-)

I have to say, that bulky blanket does look cozy next to the fire place!  That's my late uncle Joe's photo to the right of the mantel  May he rest in peace.  I was so saddened by his recent passing as Bobby and I were hoping to get up to Canada to visit them. 

Perhaps in time we will still be able to visit.  Supposedly we will need the Covid vaccine to be able to travel and who knows where we are in that line of receiving it! It would be nice to meet my cousins and their kids too.  Speaking of which, look who was all nice and snug and fast asleep on top of the blanket on the floor?  It's my aunt's grandson - little 8-month old baby James. Too cute!

I think this photo in itself gives us such joy and making our efforts of making the blanket and mailing it even so much more precious. I hope the bulky blanket continues to hold up! Perhaps when the yarn goes on sale, I might make a bulky blanket for myself.  Although I'll have to decide which other ones we'll have to get rid of.  Currently, we already have 5 throws just in the back living room. How on earth did we accumulate so many??! LOL!!!

No comments: