Sunday, February 21, 2021

Recent happenings

 Just some recent random happenings that's been going on around the household.

So this was an interesting statistic,... we had been watching the European Tour that had a tournament back in Abu Dhabi in January.  The statistic below is from the eventual winner (hmmm, somehow I feel that I've posted this before?).  Anyway, average heart rate of almost 120bpm and max heart rate of 162?!  And I didn't think golf could burn so many calories in 5 hours - just over 1,700 calories!!!  No wonder I'm always hungry on the golf course :-)

Since we have so much kale in the yard, I finally decided to try and air fry them.  Yum!!! Although I have to remember to put a little bit of oil in it.  I forgot to do that a few days ago and some of the kale got stuck in the coils and the air fryer started to smoke. Oops!!!
The new seeds are finally starting to sprout!  I'm glad some grass is finally starting to grow in the bare spots.  Although we are still fighting the clovers so I need to put down some more fertilizer/chemicals to take care of that and also more seeds to take care of some more of those bare spots:
Never a dull moment with this front and back yard.  And the strong winds recently is not helping as it dries up the grass so quickly.  It's like I haven't watered the grass in weeks!

I finally decided to scrub this one part of the kitchen counter.  It was getting sort of grummy and Bob ended up buying this HUGE box of baking soda:
So I overdid the amount of baking soda a bit but just add water and scrub with a paper towel... Ta da!!! So much cleaner! Although can't really tell with this lighting, but trust me - it's definitely cleaner :-)
Graham and Charlie recently have been playing with a lot of balloons.  Well, it's mostly Graham - he would fill them up and throw them around in the yard or jump around with them in the trampoline:
Actually, here's another photo of all the water balloons in the trampoline.  Boys, I tell you!
See what I mean by a lot??!
What is it with kids and not picking up their mess??!  It's a good thing the birds are not tempted to eat these colorful balloons!

We had a couple of foggy days last month.  I still find it amazing how that can happen as it doesn't seem that we are that close to the water! 
Almost reminds me of our time in Abu Dhabi.  It still amazes me how we can get fog in Abu Dhabi as it's a desert:
This was the view from our master bedroom, from the 6th floor of an apartment complex:
Gosh, I miss that apartment.  It was more like a ranch home on the 6th floor - it was massive! 4 bedrooms with en suites and huge living and dining area. 

Anyway, back to reality... I bought a whole bunch of stuff to make my own kokedama hanging plant.  I haven't gotten to it yet but hopefully one of these days!
I had bought some butternut squash for the caterpillars but there was about 3/4 of it left.  I cooked it up with some oil and butter, and salt and pepper.  Yummm....!
The flowers are finally sprouting from the snail planter!  So cute, I'm so glad I snagged this snail planter :-)
And the daisies are blooming nicely along the side of the house too.  I've planted a couple of milkweed on this side so hopefully we will have more caterpillars!  I did see a lone Monarch flying around just a few days ago.  Fingers crossed!
It's crazy how it's been so cold almost every where else in the country and here we are watering the yard. And of course the chore of watering ended up being a water fight!
These boys are too funny.  You can really see how "chunky" Charlie is getting here in this photo.  He is the one to the right:
There's been a hawk flying around our neighborhood too recently.  It's a big one!
And how many water bottles do these boys really need??!
As per usual, never a dull moment in this household!

No comments: