Thursday, March 8, 2018

The many weather patterns of RPV

I was driving up to the supermarket on a foggy day and actually had to stop to take these two photos.  It is just so pretty!  This was back in February.
The golf course down there is the Par 3 nine-hole course at the Terranea Resort.  The hills you see in the distance is Catalina island.  The fog is completely covering the ocean.  Another look towards the South:
The weather patterns here can be so strange.  Never expected to have this much fog and sometimes it will be nice and sunny in the morning and by school pickup time at 2pm, the fog starts to roll in!
We recently had rain and I managed to catch this rainbow by school.  Just spectacular!
And later that afternoon... we had hail!!!  It happened at school and the kids were all so excited.  Thankfully the hail was really small - smaller than pea-size I would say.  Nonetheless it was definitely something new for Graham and Charlie:
I am just glad the hail was small enough it didn't damage the car:
Not sure if there's a way to describe the wind but maybe the waves in this photo will.
That's Graham trying to keep his hoodie on.  That's actually a new hoodie.  I forgot to bring his sweater during our trip to Manhattan Beach that day and thankfully there was one for sale at a children's clothing store.  And Charlie got an octopus bucket with his Ang Pow (Chinese New Year) money.  Hmm... I am not sure if I have claimed it yet.  Oh wait, yes - I have. I remember now feeling so bad taking money from him!
Let's see what sort of weather this summer brings us!

No comments: