Thursday, March 15, 2018

New electric keyboard

You just never know what I am going to find when walking into a thrift store!  I was actually looking for a used cassette/CD player (back in Feb) for Graham and Charlie at the local Salvation Army store.  But instead, I saw a Yamaha keyboard laying on the floor.  I guess it was my next best thing to an actual piano!
Not too shabby looking I think :-)  I managed to find a stand as well at the store but by separating the two metal cabinets, the keyboard is able to sit quite nicely on that too!

The boys have been having quite the blast with it, mostly with the sound effects that the keyboard produces.  You have to turn up your sound a bit to actually hear the keyboard in the video below.  And I really need to have Graham put a shirt one when taking videos. Ha ha!
I have signed the boys up for Piano Group lessons at school starting in April (thank you Grandma and Pop-pop for the sponsorship!).  I hope they enjoy it and will continue to play a bit more.  I had piano lessons when I was growing up and unfortunately didn't enjoy it very much.  I did get up to Grade 3 and obviously wished I continued on with it.  Maybe the boys can surpass that and play "Moonlight Sonata" for their Daddy one day! :-P

No comments: