Thursday, March 1, 2018

ASU! ASU!

There was a collegiate tournament recently/last month and I decided to catch up with the Arizona State Women's Golf Coach.  I was "somewhat" on the golf team when I was in college there, but never did really play.  So I thought I would go and set it straight!  Nah... just kidding. It was just to say hi and support the team :-)
 Go Sparky!!!
The golf course looked very nice.  It is not far from our apartment - about 20+ minutes or so but unfortunately, it is a private course. 
I am scouting out homes around the area ;-)
There is also this one to the left that seemed abandoned. It had a "No Trespassing" sign hanging from the roof.  What a shame!
Okay, back to golf.  The Palos Verdes Golf Club dates back to 1924 which explains the narrow fairways and small greens.
And it is a bit hilly too!
I met a sports psychologist while sitting on a bench by the 17th tee looking back towards the 16th green.  He is contracted to work with the UCLA Women's Golf team, which actually won this event. I told him I might get back on tour - the Women's "Seniors" Tour so I did get his number :-P
Lovely day to come out and support the Team!

No comments: