Friday, March 9, 2018

New bodyboard

It was President's Day and after having lunch with Daddy, I decided to take the boys to a surf shop.  Yeah, I should have known that we would walk out with something!!!
It's a good thing we have a minivan.  We have all sorts in the back - bicycles, helmets, baseball stuff, and now a bodyboard!
I didn't buy any wet-suits this time although I was a bit tempted to actually buy one for myself.  I know a couple of people that go snorkeling for lobsters.  How fun would that be!!! And how YUMMY would that be...!!! Obviously thinking about my belly first before the boys. HAHA!

It is too cold to go body surfing now and I am also a bit worried as the boys' swimming is just mediocre at best. So the other best option is to actually body surf on sand of course!  We drive up to Playa del Rey as I know there are sand dunes there.  Here goes!!!
It is just a bit tricky as the boys have to find a slope that is steep enough.  And I don't know how these boys are not cold.  Graham doesn't even have a jacket one!  And here is me, bundled up with a scarf and half gloves, and then I even have a big hat on because the sun rays are so strong! Can't win!!!
A little fun with shadows. I was trying to get Bobby's sharp pointy nose.  Too bad the boys have my blunt Chinese one. Ha ha!
Okay, back to the boys!  They are clearly having lots of fun, even when it means dragging the bodyboard back up the sand dune several times:
Hopefully this will translate to the water when summer rolls around :-)
Charlie did quite well too, although he did have a couple of face-plants.  Oops!
Alrighty... how difficult can this be.  Mommy is going to attempt one with Graham :-)
Very graceful as you can see!  All I remember is screaming ALL the way down. LOL!!!

We see a formation of helicopters just before leaving.  Reminded me a bit of Abu Dhabi where we used to see a lot of Chinooks.
A fun-filled day!!!  

No comments: