Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Stenciling pavers

We finally finished up stenciling the pavers on the side of the house.  It was almost a race to finish before it got dark outside and also a race before being eaten alive by mosquitoes!  I didn't realize how many time I was bitten until I got inside.  I think it was about 12 bites on one leg??!!

I thought it would be good to glaze the pavers/stencil over so it wouldn't fade overtime and weirdly enough, I found a can of spray/glaze in the garage that was left by the previous owner!  I like how the glaze made the stencil show even more.  The bottom two pavers are the glazed ones compared the top two:
I think these patterns are cute.  I used the packaging/cardboard from one of the boys' screen protector (for glare and blue-light) to cover up the nearby pebbles so those won't get sprayed with glaze too:
All done!
Now I'm debating what to do with the pavers that are not stenciled or glazed.  Hmmm.... thankfully I don't use that side of the yard frequently so I haven't been thinking about it very much.  There are already other projects starting to pile up!  The new mini-air conditioners will be installed later next week so I will have to start clearing up the areas where the work will be done. Excited and anxious at the same time as the days somehow seem to go by so quickly!

No comments: