Monday, October 5, 2020

Squirrel!

This squirrel is at it again!  Although there's actually 2 of them, so I'm not sure if it's the same one.  They both look the same.  Ha ha!

In any case, this little fella is not afraid of people.  He just scurries up and down the fig tree looking for ripe figs.  I always have to be sure to go out into the garden before he does!

Once it gets the fig, it runs across the fence, down onto the steps, and then back up onto the other side of the fence under the other fig tree.  There aren't too many rip figs under this one, but it's the perfect shady spot for him to enjoy his fig (or her...):
This was on another day where the squirrel was just resting along the brick after a good meal.  Little stinker!
I thought I saw something else scurrying around the fig tree yesterday and it almost looked like a rat!  I hope it's not!!!  We haven't had any rat issues in the house (knock on wood!) but I thought for sure I saw a long-ish tail.  It did scurry back into the hedge on the side of the house.  So if it was a rat, let's just hope it stays on that side!!!

No comments: