Monday, October 5, 2020

Garden update

 Not too much going on in the garden lately.  We've had a few nice bell peppers:

The zucchinis are getting smaller and smaller... and this one was super weird looking.  Ha ha! I've added some fertilizer, not sure if that will help but worth the try:
In the meantime, I've moved this bean plant into the soil.  Hope to get some beans eventually.  I have no idea if this is the right growing time.  Guess we will find out!
I had to first clear up a lot of the tomato plant to make space.  My cherry tomatoes were getting a bit icky.  Not sure what was effecting them but there were lots of weird yellow specks on the cherry tomatoes:
I also trimmed back the hybrid tomato plant.  There's another one growing in the garden so hopefully we will continue to get some tomatoes:
Ahhh... much neater!  I figured I might as well trim our apricot tree.  No apricots this year.  I'm almost thinking we need to give this tree away.  It just gets so big in this little space:
I'm glad we have 2 green bins.  These bins fill up so quickly!
The fig tree seems to be losing its leaves too.  Is it time already???! There are still so many small figs that are yet to grow.  I hope we can still get more figs before the season is over.  I really love eating them!

These flowers seem to be doing really well :-)
I went to pick up some big rocks from a neighbor that didn't want them anymore. I do love the neighborhood App for this reason.  "Free" is a good price! :-)
While I was in that neighborhood, I found an awesome nursery!  I bought a couple of new pots and a new flower for the front yard:
Speaking of front yard, the spiders are still there!  I found this same white crab spider with its "breakfast".  Blaaah!
So here's one of the new pots hanging on another one of my macrame that I bought this summer.  I'm not sure if this plant needs to be in the sun.  I guess we shall find out soon enough - if it survives.  That's my way of planting.  Ha ha! 
I did move the dart board away to another spot.  I haven't been able to put anything up on that wall to protect the wall from dart marks.

Here's my new rock towers!!!  Let's see if the boys can knock these one down :-P
Here's some more other nature-watching in the yard.  I think it's so funny when the birds are bathing in this makeshift bird bath.  I actually have a little solar fountain in there and the birds would actually sit on it and take their little baths.  Too cute!
There hasn't been too many butterflies lately as I did clear up a lot of flowers by the side of the house.  But I did accidentally water this one in the front yard the other day.  I'm glad it didn't fly away too far so I could still take this photo:
Love our garden!

No comments: