Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Graham's art class

Somehow or rather, I ended up leading Graham's art class last week.  Ha!  It was a Leaf Art project, based on the characters from Jungle Book.  That's what the kids had finished reading recently.  They sure read a lot of books!  And the teacher reads to them every day for at least 45 minutes, if I'm not mistaken.  We never had that during my time in school!

This is the snake "Kaa" that Charlie made during our experimenting weekend.  Too cute:
This is the one I made:
My tiger "Shere Khan" looked more like a mouse.  Lol!!!
I guess I should have known when I first started placing the leaves:
Looks like our whiteboard is coming in handy!  I'm happy that my Mowgli actually looks like a boy:
On the day of instruction, I had 3 rotations of 20 minutes each - with a 5 minutes break in between.  It was funny having to listen to myself repeat the same thing over and over again within such a short period of time.  After my Leaf Art experiments over the weekend, I figured this version of Kaa would be easiest for the 5th Graders to follow along: 
I thought my final leaf version of Kaa looked pretty decent.  Ha ha!

Here was my setup for the day.  Phew, the other parts of the back patio is so messy!
Graham decided to do his art class outside on the back patio with me.  It's "inside-out" shirt today!
At the end of the lessons, Graham said I did "okay".  Ha! Little stinker.  A couple moms said I did a good job so I guess it went pretty well.  I mean I even wore my school apron to look the part! :-D

No comments: