Friday, October 16, 2020

Random happenings

Just a few random photos during the past couple of weeks.  Some of them I had forgotten to post, like this one.  This big unit was from Charlie's room - now in the garage.  I'm glad I managed to find a spot for it in the garage!

Charlie has been working on the big box that the telescope arrived in.  He said it's his "Magic School Bus".  Man, we really need a bigger house!  He's already taken up pretty much the entire living room:
Bobby trying to either "supervise" or just pointing to random things in the garage :-P
I found one of Charlie's old crafts. Ha ha, too cute:
Charlie found one of Mommy's old purchases - a water container that comes with 4 stackable cups.  Perfect for 4 of us :-D
Graham decided to put a caterpillar on his flower.  Look at what it has eaten up!  Definitely a very hungry caterpillar!!!
My bean plant seems to be doing okay so far.  Just some weird "scribbling" on a leaf.  I hope that caterpillar doesn't end up on this plant as I can't find it anywhere now:
Pajama day at school!  I don't know why but Charlie at one point really wanted to wear his beanie.  And he has Mr. Broccoli too:
Graham has added his violin to the side of his working space.  The school has restarted the Strings class.  I'm glad they did - I was listening in a few times and it seems like Graham is already one of the teacher's favorite student. Way to go, Graham!
Our neighbor's daughter came home with a trumpet a few days ago.  I heard it once in the front yard as she was trying it out, but so far nothing else... yet!

I spotted a cat in the front yard last week.  Ahhhh... I want to just laze under a tree on a warm day.  Maybe I should go take a nap on the hammock later :-)
We have turtles! Okay, not real ones.  It's for our downspout:
The hind legs of the biggest one is sort of hanging in the air, but seems to be working so far.  Although technically we haven't had any rain, but the occasional drips from the morning dew:
Bobby asked if I really needed those turtles, and I said "Yes!".  The answer is always "Yes!".  I hope he has figured that out by now.  So, yes on the turtles because the flimsy plastic downspout keeps getting knock around.  And now with trying to wrap the jasmine plant around the spout, it is with utmost importance, that the spout doesn't move.  There, I rest my case :-P

Here's what the front living space looked like last week.  It's like we are moving all over again!
I did have to clear everything up because the mini-split AC units are being installed as I type.   Yay!!! Except the heatwave ends tomorrow. LOL!!!

3 years later after moving away from Abu Dhabi and I am still finding items with Arabic writings.  Ha ha!
And not mentioning how many years ago after graduating college, but still finding the key to the Player's Facility at Karsten Golf Course at Arizona State University!
Unfortunately, Karsten Golf Course has shut down.  I'm so super sad about that but it is what it is.  Supposedly the golf course is part of an 330-acre ASU athletic facilities district, which will be built up. Both the men and women's golf team has moved to another golf course not far from the college.  And from what I've heard - Papago Golf Course has a spectacular practice area! Still a shame to tear down a Pete Dye designed golf course though :-(  
As for Papago, I used to play on that golf course a lot when I was working in Phoenix.  I would get up and be on the golf course before 6am, play 9 holes with a friend, and then quick shower and off to work! Those were the day...

I told Bobby to buy some dark chocolate for me and he bought this fancy one.  Both Graham and Charlie were quick to finish this one for me!
This tin has been great though.  I was sort of eyeing the tin the very first time I saw the chocolate. It's perfect for all those Allen wrenches that I am constantly looking for.  I put some magnetic tape behind it and stuck it on the metal filing cabinet in the garage.  Perfecto! :-D
Finally, Charlie during his "Hit!" expression when he sank one of my boats during the Battleship game. He is so SUPER competitive!
So glad it's Friday today.  It's been a loooong week somehow.  I hope the AC installers will get done today so I can sleep in tomorrow!!!

No comments: