Saturday, August 29, 2020

Seal!!!

The boys and I were back at the beach again the weekend before school restarted. Still styling the new surfing hats and Charlie has new fancy goggles too.  He lost his old ones to the ocean.  Oops!

And to our surprise, the day started off by spotting a seal!  Well, I think the seal actually came over to us.  It looked like it wanted to play.  Thankfully the seal wasn't aggressive:
I mean, we were really close to it!  The kids were actually in the water when the seal was swimming by.  And it was a good thing the kids were quick to get out of the water. Ha ha!

Charlie was totally shocked and baffled at the same time I think:

And then, the seal proceeded to swim towards some surfers.  Two of them got out of the water, but this surfer decided to hang out in the water:
Looks like the seal is still wanting to play as it continues to follow the surfer.  I probably have wet myself with the seal so close.  Ha ha!
Here's a short video:

The seal eventually swam away.  Well, now that the excitement is over, we can continue playing.  Graham as usual, loves to just dig holes in the sand:
It's late morning and the fog is rolling in???
Lunch time!
Back into the water after lunch.  I love how the boys try and catch the same wave.  As you can see, it is still foggy:
The sun is finally out and of course, we will be getting ready to leave soon.  But first, let's swing at some sand with the shovel.  Boys, I tell you:
Another great day on the beach!  I'm glad it was a nice seal sighting vs a shark sighting. LOL!!! :-)

No comments: