Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Biggest zucchini yet

A couple of weeks ago when we had gone to Big Bear, I had totally forgotten to pick the zucchini before leaving.  And when we came home... BOOM!!!  I was totally shocked when I went to check out the zucchini plant!!!
Ha ha! Obviously Graham was exaggerating, but this one was definitely a biggie.  Almost 4lbs!!!
Supposedly if you just left them growing, the zucchinis can grow as long as a baseball bat!  But it might not taste as good.  For whatever reason, this plant LOVES this area and is thriving under the pergola.  I keep telling my friends that it has dinosaur DNA in it.  LOL!!!
In the meantime, we have figs too!!!  
A few of them are bursting before they are ripe on the tree.  This happened last year as well. Supposedly too much water which I'm not sure how because I don't think I water it too much.  Hmmm??!  But in any case, the ripe ones are delish :-)
And so far it is just me eating them! Charlie ate figs last season but somehow he doesn't like them anymore??? I'll have to figure out what sort of dessert/pastry I can make with them as we have 2 trees full of soon-to-be ripe figs!!!

No comments: