Monday, August 24, 2020

Backyard hardscape/walkway

As usual, always trying to make things look a little bit better in our backyard!  Our friend was coming over for a visit (social distancing, of course) and I couldn't have our yard looking like this!

So the first 3 pavers have been here ever since we moved in.  I bought some new pavers and just dumped them on the grass to get an idea of how many more we need.  Somehow, the grass isn't growing well very in this area.  I'm guessing it's because I've put a couple of potted plants next to the white arbor, thereby blocking the water from the sprinkler.  So, off it all comes out:
This pattern might be better perhaps?
3 bags of pea pebbles was definitely not enough!  Back to the store I go... 2 more bags of pea pebbles and also 3 more bags of river pebbles:
Looking much better, although I wonder if I should have bought different colored pebbles.  I have the smaller pea pebbles along the border and the river pebbles towards the middle by the red pavers.   Hmmm....
Graham and Charlie are complaining about how hot these pavers get but oh well, it definitely looks better than what it was before:
Backyard is almost done!  I'm trying to think what else I need to do. Maybe just enjoy one of these rare sunrises:

For whatever reason, I woke up at 5:30am one morning and couldn't fall back to sleep.  I think it was because I was hungry.  Bobby was almost nervous and kept asking why I was up during that hour.  I haven't seen a sunrise since who knows when!  Well, school is starting back on Wednesday and the boys have to report online by 8:30am.  I guess I better not be late.  Ha ha!

No comments: