Thursday, August 27, 2020

Painting boys' bathroom

I've been wanting to paint Graham and Charlie's bathroom for the longest time.  I just did not like the green color in there!  Hmm... somehow it doesn't look so bad in this photo:

Icky stuff along the grout lines.  Thankfully, scrubbing baking soda works nicely!
I finally took off the towel holder.  I had been wanting to change this out even before the arrival of my uncle and aunt's trip from England during Thanksgiving of LAST year.  Ha ha!
I decided to paint the inside of this "block" too (inside the shower).  I'm not sure if I like this "block" above the shower door, but it's there now and will probably cost more than $0 to take out. 
Bye bye green, hello plain white!
Here's our new "double" towel bar.  Yay!!!
I found the boys' old animal metal fixture in the garage, so I decided to hang them up too.  Ha ha!

Ta da!!! Really quite plain actually, although if you look back at the previous photo, I did paint that side of the wall a different/darker color. It's the same color as our back living room:
Again, I'm experimenting with stenciling.  Figured this would be a good spot to start :-)
The boys (including Bobby) asked if I painted the bottom part of that square and the answer is "no".  So don't bother climbing up the tub area to peek! :-P
Having to stencil the top part of it was almost back breaking.  And I was thinking about stenciling the kitchen ceiling??!  I think I'm having second (and 3rd!) thoughts about that one now!!!

It was quite the pain to clean the stencil... this is as good as it's going to get:

I'm so glad the boys' bathroom is taken care of now - just before school starting so I won't have to worry about it anymore.  Although, there is still some space above that mirror to put some sort of saying or mural.  I guess I'm never quite done until I'm super EXTRA happy about everything! :-P

No comments: