Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Random happenings

There's been so much going on lately. I don't even know how I've been keeping up with the boys.

I bought this rosary bracelet during our trip to New Orleans.  And it seems that I had totally forgotten to post about our trip! Anyhow, this bracelet was purchased from the oldest cathedral in the United States - and I decided to buy it and wear it in memory of my mom:
I had actually lost it last week. No idea if perhaps I had dropped it while I was doing yard work or just when I was out and about.  Anyhow, a couple of days before my mom's anniversary, I dreamt of her. And in the middle of that night, I woke up and felt something by my leg. I felt around the bed and there was the bracelet!  So weird!  I literally found my bracelet in the dark, with my eyes closed. Ha! And the bracelet wasn't even broken in any way.  That's also very weird how it managed to fall off my wrist!

The neighborhood has been organizing some Fun Day Fridays for the kids.  A few Fridays ago was rock painting, but Graham had better ideas :-)
Charlie painted a fish, of course:
Mommy wrote the words "Inspire" but then I realized there were 2 "I"s and might be rather confusing to write the word out in a circle. Guess I didn't think that one through very well:
Graham painted a pizza??!  
Anyhow, at the back of the rock - you can write "Keep it or Take it".  I thought it was rather cute.

The neighborhood committee also planned a tour of our water facility recently:
Pretty neat!!
On to more fishing for Charlie!  He's been a maniac fisherman lately - just out by the lake for hours! I guess better fishing than getting himself in trouble:
Charlie is also constantly wanting to go to the store to buy more fishing lures and what not.  And they take FOREVER to go through this isle!!

And we finally donated Graham's personalized bags and shirts to another boy named Graham!
I was by the pool at the golf club and coincidentally overheard a mom call his son. And I had to confirm that she had called him Graham.  I told her about these personalized items and she was more than happy to take them!  I've been saving them for soooo many years, so I was more than happy to pass it along. 

We met during S'mores night at the golf club.  It's too bad I don't have a photo of the other Graham, but here's Charlie with his double double S'mores - double chocolate and double marshmallows:
And Graham tried to melt one of those caramel drops. I don't know if he was actually successful in doing that. Hmmm...
The US Women's Open qualifier came and went but I wanted to give the staff a small "Thank You" note. And Graham and Charlie helped me bake some muffins to give to them as well.  And just before the entrance of the golf course is a outdoor workout "park" so to speak.  I think we need to come here more often!
We definitely all need to work on our abs a bit more :-D
Bobby took me out to lunch the other day and he was on the phone the entire time!
Well, I guess better that than no lunch dates anymore.  Bobby started working last week and has also been busy with his alma mater:
And while he has been away, the boys and I head out and get a few things done.  Trying out some new Peri-peri chicken:
Of course, we have to try out new boba (bubble tea) places too:
Or eating at Graham's favorite spot - a fast-food Korean spot:
Check out the tall flowers outside the restaurant.  Woah!
And while we're close to the golf store, I regripped my driver with one of my own grips and the staff didn't even charge me for the service! I've obviously been into that same store too many times. LOL!  

And I finally decided to buy a new putter.  Let's hope this one has some new voodoo magic ;-)
Charlie thinks he can putt better left-handed instead???
Let's put a pin on that one for a bit.

Meanwhile, we also swapped out our tires with the summer tires that originally came with our truck.  I think it actually drives better with them eventhough the tires are noisier.  I can't believe we couldn't finish our game of Uno during the entire time the truck was at the service center!
More playing:
More eating:
Charlie is trying chicken wings (again).  No one other than me actually eats chicken on the bones so I'm glad he is "practicing" :-D

Finally got some new swim shorts for the boys too.  Didn't realize it was so difficult to find "jammers" for the boys. And of course, Graham had to pick up some fancy goggles too. Let's hope he doesn't lose these!
And we picked up some random items for Bingo - for a July 4th activity in our neighborhood.  I really need to get rid of these phones during shopping too!
Oh, one last photo - and this is one of a bird that ended up on the dashboard of the truck:
Bobby had all the windows down while it was parked in our driveway. And somehow this bird ended up in the truck!  Bob got it out with a shovel. I'm so glad he didn't hurt the bird or scratch the interior of my "baby"!!

Ok, that's all for now!

Oh wait, the boys and I also bought some tiles.  We went into a store while waiting out a storm before swim practice:
The boys and I have something planned for the backdrop of our kitchen stove.  Let's see when it will actually get done but these tiles (and another one not in the photo) were only $40!!  A total steal if you ask me :-D

No comments: