Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Burn with pot lid

I told Graham to make some gravy a couple of weekends ago.  And I guess I wasn't supervising eventhough I was standing right there in the kitchen.  I was cooking something else and Graham had put the pot lid on while the gravy was boiling. And of course, the gravy started to overflow.  I took the lid off and titled it upside down because I didn't want to cause a mess with the overflowing gravy.  Unfortunately, the stainless steel lid touched my wrist.  And it was only for a few seconds!
It didn't take long for the burn to bubble up.  And I decided to poke it to release all that liquid.  A Band-Aid to keep everything clean!
And a week and a half later, the scab is finally peeling off and it's looking pretty good!  
I've been using an aloe vera plant in the morning and at night, I use a hemp lotion. I'm not sure which one works better but the combination of both seems to be healing the scar nicely. 

Soooo, no more pot lids for Graham when he is making gravy!  Oh, he also left the burner on because it was on the lowest setting and you can't really see the flame.  I've actually done that before too. Ha!

No comments: