Sunday, July 9, 2023

Boys' Musical camp

I signed Graham and Charlie up for a musical camp earlier this summer holiday.  They sort of reluctantly obliged to my request.  And I have to say, as much as they hate to admit it, I think they totally enjoyed the 3 weeks of camp!  At the end of it, there was a dress rehearsal and then the one show.  Since the high school theatre is currently under construction, the show was held at Cutting Hall in Palatine.
I think Charlie actually had a panic attack the night before the show.  He said that he didn't know his line and I was totally confused because they have been rehearsing all this time!  But he said that when it comes to his line, he just keeps quiet. Hmm, thankfully the teacher had all the videos and songs online for us to practice!

We invited some friends to join us on this special occasion :-)
What a treat! Both Graham and Charlie did such a great job!  We're hoping to receive a link to the video soon as Daddy missed the show.  We did catch the show of Camp #2 when Daddy got back the next day:
Charlie kept asking me if their camp (Camp #1) was better than this one.  I'd say 50/50 :-) 

Well, if it's any consolation, a handful of those 13 songs that were in the collection of musical is still stuck in my head!  And the boys are still remembering some of those group dance moves.  So all in all, I think it was a great decision on this musical camp! 

I did sign the boys up for a STEAM camp in a couple of weeks but I just found it's a GIRLS only camp. Oops!  Looks like I'll have to figure out something else for them, although there is still swim and golf that we can do at the club :-D

No comments: