Monday, February 14, 2022

Pineapple tarts (1/30~1/31)

We are getting ready for Chinese New Year and that normally means pineapple tarts. YUM!!! These are so delicious but such a pain in the who-know-where to make.  First, you have to cook down the pineapple puree:

I think I pureed 2 pineapples and I would cook the puree in several batches.
It takes a while to get that golden yellow color.   Phew!!
Finally!!  This sticky puree is probably worth as much as gold at this point.  Took me a couple of hours already at this point:
And at this point, I'm too tired to make the actual tarts - so that will just have to wait until morning.  And while I'm in our own bed, poor Bobby is still quarantining outside in the tent after spending 5 days at a conference in Las Vegas the week before.  Ha ha!  One more night, honey! And yes, we'll call you later to check up on you :-D
Then next day, let the production line begin!
It takes me almost a minute to make each of these pineapple balls.  It is definitely a labor of love!
But I mean, just check out Charlie's SUPER happy face when he eats the first one.  He even did a happy dance!
I don't remember how many batches I made but it was quite a few.  I guess I'm making up for the ones I did not make last year:
After a while, I did just end up making these thumb-print tarts instead:
Those definitely did not take as long, although I'm not sure which one I prefer.  All the boys preferred the ball-shaped ones instead.  I suppose they are easier to just pop into the mouth:
Might be another 2 more years before I make these pineapple goodies again, but as of right now - so worth it :-)

No comments: