Monday, February 21, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

We don't normally do too much for Valentine's Day.  Mostly just a card and a few gifts here and there.  This year though I got a little bit more generous.  I ended up buying a couple of cute pillows.  Just couldn't help myself!
As if we need more pillows... but c'mon, too adorable! Yes, the boys too :-)
Bobby and the boys gave me lovely cards and also bought me some flowers and chocolates:
Although, they bought me Hershey's chocolate as a gag because they know I don't like those!  Thank goodness a good friend of mine surprised me with some Godiva.  YUMMM!!
The boys also bought me a cute little bracelet that says "Hope" on it:
They are saying they "hope" I don't yell at them too much. LOL!!  Little stinkers, I tell you!

And I requested for one of these pastry blenders as a Valentine's present.  My fingers are getting too sore when I have to cut that butter into flour.  Getting old really stinks for sure!
We bought another year's worth of the Baby Blue's calendar.  We really love this comic.  The one today was pretty hilarious:
The weather has been pretty weird lately - warm for a few days and then it would cool off again.  It's foggy during pick-up today:
I had to stop along the way just to take a couple more photos:
It's just amazing how this marine layer rolls in at 3pm:
We decided on having some cheese fondue at the last minute.  So I sent Bobby to get some but the German market was out of it!  Bummer,... so we ended up just having some bratwurst and I made some bread at the last minute as well.  Glad that turned out decent:
Bobby's pointing to the new outdoor fan.  So glad it's still staying up so far. Phew!
Bobby did also get some more yummy chocolate during his grocery shopping trip.  We were introduced to these by our good friends in Abu Dhabi when we lived there:
Tim Tam's are supposedly very popular in Australia (that's where our friends are from) and you are suppose to eat it with your coffee.  In this case, Graham is trying to eat it with his milk:
So, okay... he's not technically eating it quite yet.  He bites the corner of one end and then bites the corner off the opposite end.  And then, he sucks up the milk!  So it didn't quite work with his milk - perhaps because the milk was cold.  But you should definitely try it with warm coffee.  It's messy but so yummy. Ha ha!!

On top of the green Tabasco and also the little packets of olives, I had one last gift for Daddy.  Yup, more readers!
These are actually foldable ones so it's nice and small that I can just tuck away in my handbag. Bobby is constantly looking for his readers when we are out and about.  I'm hoping I don't quite need a pair yet but they do help sometimes.  Graham and Charlie said I look old in them.  Ha! :-P
I went to the eye doctor recently and he totally vetoed my current prescription of having one bifocal contact lens in my left eye and a regular contact lens in my right eye.  So with the new Rx, both eyes have reduced strength for my short-sightedness so I don't struggle as much when I have to read or look at my phone. I have a follow-up in another week, so let's see how it all goes.

As per usual, anytime the boys end up with my phone they always end up taking some sort of photos with filters.  Ha!
Boys are so silly.  Yup, my boys!
Love them all! XOX

No comments: