Monday, February 14, 2022

Installing new ceiling fans (2/5 & 2/14)

Seems like I'm constantly changing out our ceiling fans.  But it's amazing though, how a nice looking fan can really change the vibe of a bedroom!  Here's our old one in the master bedroom:
I was just going to change out those glass shades to a more modern looking one, but there was a good price on a new nicer looking fan :-)

Graham is my working partner today as Charlie is out shooting archery:
Okay,.. black wire and blue wire and what is this other one with the latch??!
Come to find out it's actually a safety line!  So I guess if I accidentally drop it, it won't hit my foot??!
Graham is obviously having too much fun with these new filters on my phone again.  Ha ha ha!!!
Woohoo!  Doesn't this new fan look awesome?!! :-D
But then the new fan started making this clicking noise 2 days later. It actually did affect our sleep! And then after about 2 days, the clicking stopped and all was quiet again.  Hopefully I didn't jinx it!

And then, I finally decided to take on the outdoor fan.  Well, there's actually 2 of them but I only have one section of the back patio ceiling painted for now.  I can't remember how long these have been sitting in their boxes, but here goes!  First off, I had to make sure it was actually an easy job to take down these florescent lights.  Oh geez, the one rusty screw actually broke my screw bit today!!
But once those lights were down, I had to figure out how to put this brace on.  It's suppose to support up to 50lbs.  It seems to be bending towards the ground though. Hmmm...
And this fan's motor is sort of heavy.  But knock on wood, so far so good!
I was missing a pack of these little screws, so I dug them out from the packaging of the 2nd outdoor fan.  I'll have to eventually get another bag of these.  These fans are refurbished so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue getting more parts:
Okay, blades are on!  I did check to see if the light was working prior to putting on the blades.  And then it was a matter of shoving all those wires into the little box at the very top.  I like these wide blades, although I hope it won't be a pain when it comes time to cleaning them:
Ta da!!!
I plan on taking down those hanging lights too.  I have some new ones that I will be putting up.  In time... ha ha!

We did eat dinner outdoors tonight although we really didn't even need the fan tonight.  The temperature was back down to the 60s today!  This weather has been really weird lately. It was in the high 80s/low 90s just this past weekend! 

I was perhaps just a tiny bit concerned about this brace setup.  Do you see how that rod is a bit slanted in the middle??  I did pull on it and it does seem quite sturdy but obviously my eyes are just not quite convinced, at least not yet:
Well, if we hear anything crashing tonight, we'll know what it is!  In the meantime, I still have so much painting and touch-up to do.  When will I ever be done with this back patio??! Well, actually there's still some other items on my to-do as well.  But I guess I'll have to finish this one before I start the next one ;-P

No comments: