Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dad's surgery

Dad had his bladder removed recently (the last week of January).  Hopefully all the cancer cells were successfully removed too.  It was definitely nerve wrecking knowing he was in surgery for 8 hours, assuming I understood that correctly.  His wife was relaying messages to my sister and I in Mandarin while they were at the hospital. 

I was so happy to see my dad sit up and eat after his surgery:

The recovery is slow for now but he is getting used to having his urinal bag. You know he's feeling better when he jokes about how the bag isn't large enough when he drinks 2 cans of beer.  Ha ha!  Okay, he hasn't been drinking again (at least not yet). Dad's appetite is still not so good and getting Covid after getting home didn't help either!  Thinking of him lots and hoping that we will make our trip home back to Malaysia this summer.  

Speaking of going home, there are currently all these restrictions to enter my home-state of Sabah.  And after going through some online research, it seems that I was suppose to register my marriage to Bobby with the Malaysian government.  Now, it wouldn't be so bad if we just walked into the Consulate of Malaysia here in Los Angeles - but there's also a fine for late registration.  Oops!!! Penalty of $35 for late registration for the first 6 months and then $18 for each subsequent year.  Are you kidding me??! Bobby and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary!! And oh, there's also an additional $34 registration fee and then another $15 for the fee to obtain a Cashier's check.  Bobby just said I'm worth every penny.  LOL!!!

No comments: