Sunday, February 27, 2022

Leaky faucet

I started my morning last Saturday by breaking off the plastic faucet for our sprinkler water line.  Urgh!! Always something with this house!

I tried to glue the top back just so I could try and turn it off to stop the leak.  But of course, every time I kept twisting and pushing down, more water kept leaking.  So I put some foil at the bottom just to direct the water away from the outside wall:

It would have been easy if I could shut off the water, but this line is connected to the main water line off the street.  What??! Why?!!!  

Okay, I think a garbage bag might work better:
Hmm... maybe a pair of Bobby's old/torn pair of shorts to soak up the water while we wait until the plumber shows up on Monday??!
In the meantime, while we wait - I try and clean up some of the mess by my workstation.  Does putting everything in a corner count??! 
 I was able to move the printer to another side of the dining room (yes, my workstation is on the dining table!) and boys are able to put all their breakfast cereal in a more accessible spot.

I guess I better fix up this broken sprinkler in the backyard while I'm thinking about it as well:
After that was done and after $200 plumbing bill on Monday, we are back in business watering the yard again.  But then I come to find another leaky faucet in the backyard.  What...??!  At least it's something that can be stopped as long as the water valve is shut off.

Here it is... all fixed! And we are using a metal faucet this time around.  Hopefully that will last a lot longer since this is already the 2nd time fixing this same faucet:
By the way, the first plumber that showed up was going to charge us $795.  I couldn't believe it?!?  I wonder if he was profiling me or if his rates are really that high.  That is just price gauging!  Fair enough that it's a weekend but even so, having him come back on Monday would have cost $595.  Unbelievable!!  I'm so glad the other plumber that showed up on Monday was so much more reasonable. 

It would be so nice to have an automated sprinkler timer (*hint *hint).  Some day perhaps!

No comments: